my thread is bunching up under my material
I have answered this question before on the forum, for your convenience I will re-post it here again.
There are a number off things that might cause the threads to tangle.
1. Everything might be done correctly, but when you start sewing you need to hold the top thread that is hanging behind the presser foot tightly without pulling it. Hold it for at least two stitches.
2. Make sure you bring the bobbin thread to the top after inserting the bobbin case
3. Check to see that the bobbin thread tension is okay (not too loose not too tight)
4. Check the top thread tension as well again (not too loose not too tight)
5. It could also be that the needle is not inserted correctly (in the right direction or not inserted all the way up in it's place)
6. Also check to make sure that the bobbin is inserted in the bobbin case correctly
7. The bobbin case should also be inserted correctly
8. If the bobbin is wound loosely you might experience tangling as well
9. Also if the thread is too tick for the needle or too stiff the thread might tangle
10. Both the top and bobbin threads should be the same material and thickness
11. Make sure that the needle point is not blunt
I suggest you re-watch the sewing machine essentials video lessons again. Watch the lessons with the machine that is similar to yours and then the sewing section as well.
Hope this helps you,
• View Discussion Forums
• Create a Forum Topic
• View Member Photos
• Add Your Photos
Connect with our